Brand new here--any help with breed ID?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by somanychickens, Apr 21, 2009.

1. somanychickens

somanychickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2009
    Hi,
    I'm brand new here, and a fairly new chicken owner. I got these guys out of a 'rare breed' bin, and have no idea what they are. I think they're 1-2 weeks old. Sorry the pics of the brown one are so bad! Any help is greatly appreciated! TIA!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

The brown one looks kind of like a Brown Breasted Red Old English chick, but they are bantams? Is yours a Large Fowl? It seems too dark to be a Gold Laced Wyandotte. Here is the BBR Old English chick from Cackle:
    [​IMG]

The little blue one is a mystery still, I was thinking perhaps an Easter Egger, but I'll keep looking. Not a Cochin - No feather legs...

Tina

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I've only had chicks of 3 different breeds, so I can't help you, but maybe someone else can.

Welcome to chick-dom, chicken-dom. They look great, whoever they are.

4. somanychickens

Apr 21, 2009
    Thank you both for the warm welcome, and the help! [​IMG]

5. somanychickens

Apr 21, 2009
    but they are bantams? Is yours a Large Fowl? It seems too dark to be a Gold Laced Wyandotte.

I don't think these are bantams--I have three other bantams, and they don't look anything like they do--but I know there are LOTS of varieties of bantams...I think the brown one does look like the BBR Old English pic. She is quite dark--here are some better pics I just snapped today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] The little gray/blue one's wings are coming in white, with just a tiny bit of a black tip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And these are our three bantams:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. somanychickens

Apr 21, 2009
    Anyone? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by