Brand New Hova Bator 1602n, fan buzzing?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lucky1, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My 1602n arrived in the mail last week, and when i went and picked it up there was a huge hole it it and some of the bator was cracked and broken off. We e-mailed the company and they said that they would give us back 50% of out money if my kept it, i decided that the Styrofoam would be easy to fix and it was, fit perfectly back into place when i glued it. Then when i got up the nerve i installed the fan that i ordered (terrible with electric things) and it was working perfectly, then this morning i noticed that the fan was making these horrible thunking noises, so i tightened the screw thinking that it got loose, it just made it worse, so i loosened the screw until it stopped thunking, then a couple seconds later it stated up again. a started leaning lightly on it and it stopped! should i put heavy objects on it to stop it or it it just a simple little thing that i got wrong? i dont want to send it back as i ordered 2 dozen eggs that are coming this weekend. What could it be??
    Thanks

2. leirob007

leirob007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Upstate South Carolina
    loosen the mounting screw a turn. then spin the fan by hand. sometimes if the fan is too tight it will make it " rub " the styrofoam

3. leirob007

leirob007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Upstate South Carolina
    may have to use some kind of homemade shim ( folded matchbook cover or something under it to space it away from the styrofoam a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by