Brand New LG Chocolate 2G Cell Phone with accessories!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Pumpkinpup, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    This phone was purchased by me for my son without me understanding that it is not compatible with our network. Here are all the specs on it. Super nice phone but he can't use it.
    Still in the box along with both auto and home chargers! This is a nice phone. It still has the clear sticky covers over the screens!

General 2G Network GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900
    Camera Primary 1.3 MP, 1280 x 960 pixels, LED flash
    Video QCIF
    Display Type TFT, 256K colors
    Size 176 x 220 pixels, 2.0 inches, 31 x 39 mm
    - Touch-sensitive navigation keys with backlights
    - Downloadable wallpapers
    Sound Alert types Vibration; Downloadable polyphonic, MP3, AAC ringtones
    Memory Phonebook 1000 entries
    Call records 40 dialed, 40 received, 40 missed calls
    Internal 128 MB
    Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
    Bluetooth Yes, v1.2
    USB
    Size Dimensions 95 x 48 x 15.2 mm
    Weight 83 g
    Features Messaging SMS, EMS, MMS, Email
    Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML
    Games 2 embedded + download
    Java

2. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Would it work for sprint? lol. Im bad at cell phone stuff :p

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I was just at the verizon store yesterday because my DD's cell broke-I cant afford to buy a new updated phone-so this auction has me looking:) Thank you for posting it

Can you tell me if this phone makes you also purchase a 29.99$ airtime package with it? I was so mad yesterday when they said I could have a free phone only if I paid that monthly fee for internet! I just want her to have texting and phone usage for pete's sakes!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Hi there [​IMG] As far as I know all you have to do is pop in your sim card and go as long as you have a 2G network. The phone is unlocked and ready to go.

5. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:I will have to check and see if sprint is 2G or not.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  6. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:I believe that Sprint has a 4G network, I'm sorry.

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Hi there [​IMG] As far as I know all you have to do is pop in your sim card and go as long as you have a 2G network. The phone is unlocked and ready to go.

Oh lord I opened a can of worms..a Sims card?? what if you dont have one? I dont think her phone had one she had a LG ENV? and 2G- 4G OK I am feeling really old and so far behind on this stuff...LOL Gigabites?

8. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia

Oh lord I opened a can of worms..a Sims card?? what if you dont have one? I dont think her phone had one she had a LG ENV? and 2G- 4G OK I am feeling really old and so far behind on this stuff...LOL Gigabites?

I checked on Verizons website and they list this phone on it. If you go to support on their page and then put in LG Chocolate as your phone it gives you a list of FAQ's specific to that phone. I'm somewhat uneducated about all this stuff myself but it seems to me if they list it on their site that it would be compatible. [​IMG] You might want to check it out.

9. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
  10. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Hello all!

I am in college and deal with this stuff a lot, so I thought I'd lend a hand with these questions.

Most Verizon phones do not have SIM cards, so there is no worry there (I think some of the Blackberrys might). To active the phone, you have to go through the process outlined somewhere on their website (I can dig it up if anyone wants to see it). It is correct that it will not work on the Sprint network. I don't believe they can force you to get the internet package with this because it does not have a fully functional web browser.

I hope this clears up some questions!

Good luck everyone,
    Chelsea

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by