Brand new member, first post here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jomofo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Jomofo

Jomofo New Egg

Mar 8, 2015
    Hi guys. I guess you could say I've always been fascinated with birds, but especially chickens since I was around 10 years old and visited my grandmother on Martha's Vineyard. My uncle had about 15 Rhode Island Red's and I've wanted chickens since spending a week gathering eggs and helping him with them. I've always lived in the city and recently moved into the county. FINALLY am getting set up to where I can raise chickens!! w0000t!!

So basically I'm building my chicken coop and have located a breeder of Black Copper Marans as well as blue, have procured an incubator and several other necessities and am awaiting my eggs which should be ready for me to pick up in a couple weeks. Needless to say I've been online looking at coop designs, researching everything from incubating, feeding, starting chicks, etc, basically everything under the sun and literally every question I type into google leads me to THIS site where it's been asked and answered already.

Please forgive my mindless meandering as I basically have learned so much from all of you who post here, I felt the responsibility to join this site and personally thank you all for sharing the knowledge that it took you years to learn. I can tell you personally that you help far more people than you know. You guys are awesome. Thanks again!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you, it is always great to hear that Backyard Chickens has been helpful. Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. I love the chocolate eggs of the Marans. In my personal opinion, they are the prettiest eggs in the chicken world. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch, and in getting your coop built.

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with your eggs I hope you have a great hatch. I love incubating and hatching eggs is such a great experience and very rewarding when you see all the chicks happy and healthy in the brooder. Watch out though it can become an addiction!!

I hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will. Everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

6. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

What a nice intro, I wish you good luck with your projects. Marans are on my 'wish list' of breeds to try (along with several others, lol). They have beautiful eggs! You'll have to share some photos with us of your birds and let us know of your progress with hatching.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of knowiedgeable and friendly people here.

Nice to have you join us!

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

8. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Welocme to BYC!!! It is an aweosme forum (the BEST in the world) and has a great comminity!!! Hope you have a great time and learn A LOT!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by