Brand new member

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

Do you have a lot of ventilation on your coop? If not cut more holes in it and cover them with hardware cloth.

During the summer I refresh my waterers with ice a few times a day. (Texas)

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<Click there to go to the thread.

BYC has an APP!

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby. This link may help - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/788391/keeping-chickens-cool-in-summer-heat

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

Do you have a lot of ventilation on your coop? If not cut more holes in it and cover them with hardware cloth.

During the summer I refresh my waterers with ice a few times a day. (Texas)

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<Click there to go to the thread.

BYC has an APP!
all around the top of the coop before it meets the roof we left a six inch opening cover with the hardware cloth and also the door is a screen door covered with hardware cloth. Does this seem to be enough ventalation. oh, and we also have the little door that slides up and down to the chicken run that is open. the run is a covered run since we live in the semi country with wild animals and hawks.

all around the top of the coop before it meets the roof we left a six inch opening cover with the hardware cloth and also the door is a screen door covered with hardware cloth. Does this seem to be enough ventalation. oh, and we also have the little door that slides up and down to the chicken run that is open. the run is a covered run since we live in the semi country with wild animals and hawks.
Yes it sounds like enough.

Back
Top Bottom