Brand new mother hen and loving it!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nikki1, Mar 26, 2012.

1. nikki1

nikki1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Eatonville, WA
    Hi, All! I've had my little chickies for a week and a half now, and I'm having so much FUN! I've been planning this since last spring, and now they're finally here! I have the following:
    1 partridge rock named Betsy, 4 weeks old
    1 barred rock named Amelia, 4 weeks old
    1 buff orpington named Penny , 2 weeks old
    1 speckled sussex named Nellie, 2 weeks old
    1 silver laced wyandotte named Dot, 2 weeks old
    1 Easter egger named Lily, 1 week old

All are getting along nicely. No one is getting bullied, everyone has someone to cuddle with at nap time, no loud quarrels. But I'm amazed at their personalities! A couple times a day we put a sheet down on the floor, form a family circle around it, and let the girls out to play. It's like watching kids on the playground the way they flap and run and poke around.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with people who would "get it." There's one other "chicken lady" at work, but everyone else thinks I'm just a little weird.

Thanks for listening!

--Nikki

2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    good luck and have fun

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    You have a nice mix.I had all the same kinds.Pecking for us kicked in around 2 months.It was hard to tolerate.Hope predators don't get any of yours.This site helped me a lot with info on protection,normal behavoirs,and dealing with diseases. Enjoy!

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I have a SLW named Dott as well - only one extra T because wyandotte has two :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by