Brand New Rhode Island Red Female Chicks in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by skidog, Jul 24, 2008.

1. skidog

skidog New Egg

Jul 24, 2008
    I just recieved a new shipment of Rhode Island Red Female Chicks. You know how this works that I ordered females and most are but maybe an occasional rooster. They have had their first vaccine and are all very healthy. They were 3 days old on the 24th of July. They are $5 a piece firm! I live in a little town called Hartsville but travel to Gallatin twice a week and could meet you there. I also am sometimes in Lebanon.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    You can buy the same aged chicks for $2 anywhere else....

But welcome to BYC.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    You might get more response if you say what state your in.But sorry at that price would be to much if you are in Missouri.

4. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    ShellieESterling I have to say I dont believe in putting someone down like that. Everyone in todays time are trying to find a way to make a extra dollar or two. If you can find them cheaper fine go buy them there but dont hurt someones chances at selling on here. I dont know where you can get rir chicks for $2.00 a piece as my local feed and seed charge $2.99 and unless you want to order 25 atleast through a hatchery then $3.00-$5.00 to me is about average.

Brandon

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If you look at the cost per chick and ADD the shipping cost plus a bit of feed, that is the normal price for pullets....that is what I normally charge for my hatchery chicks up to two weeks of age and then my price goes up thereafter.

Welcome to BYC Skidog!

6. skidog

skidog New Egg

Jul 24, 2008
    Thanks for all the support for a newbie! Actually I am getting a good response. Maybe the reason is that many mail order hatcheries require you to wait at least a month and many don't have female RIR available now.

7. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    I got my RIR females for $2.00 each with vaccine [​IMG]

8. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    thats good for you.

9. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    ski...good luck with your sales and have fun with it.

10. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Day old RIR straight run at my feedstore are $3 each. If I was looking for a few chicks and didn't want to place a hatchery order I'd happily pay $5 a pullet.

Welcome to BYC and good luck selling your extras.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by