Brand New Rhode Island Red Female Chicks in Tennessee

skidog

Hatching
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
I just recieved a new shipment of Rhode Island Red Female Chicks. You know how this works that I ordered females and most are but maybe an occasional rooster. They have had their first vaccine and are all very healthy. They were 3 days old on the 24th of July. They are $5 a piece firm! I live in a little town called Hartsville but travel to Gallatin twice a week and could meet you there. I also am sometimes in Lebanon.

Last edited:
You might get more response if you say what state your in.But sorry at that price would be to much if you are in Missouri.

ShellieESterling I have to say I dont believe in putting someone down like that. Everyone in todays time are trying to find a way to make a extra dollar or two. If you can find them cheaper fine go buy them there but dont hurt someones chances at selling on here. I dont know where you can get rir chicks for $2.00 a piece as my local feed and seed charge $2.99 and unless you want to order 25 atleast through a hatchery then $3.00-$5.00 to me is about average.

Brandon

If you look at the cost per chick and ADD the shipping cost plus a bit of feed, that is the normal price for pullets....that is what I normally charge for my hatchery chicks up to two weeks of age and then my price goes up thereafter.

Welcome to BYC Skidog!

Thanks for all the support for a newbie! Actually I am getting a good response. Maybe the reason is that many mail order hatcheries require you to wait at least a month and many don't have female RIR available now.

I got my RIR females for $2.00 each with vaccine
tongue.png

Day old RIR straight run at my feedstore are $3 each. If I was looking for a few chicks and didn't want to place a hatchery order I'd happily pay $5 a pullet.

Welcome to BYC and good luck selling your extras.

Back
Top Bottom