Brand new to chickens, totally eggcited

Hello and welcome to BYC

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

All the best

Pork Pie

Wow! You know your stuff. Doesn't sound like the average chicken noobie here!
Welcome to BYC!
Thanks, puffypoo22! Hubs and I like to research the heck out of any new activity we take on, and this is no exception. Plus it's just plain fun to learn about!

Anyway, it sounds like it's pretty common to lose a chick or two early on, and I really want to make sure that if that happens, it wasn't from something that might have been preventable. Some chicks are not going to make it I guess, but I don't want to add to those chances.

G’Day from down under Colorrific :frow Welcome!

You might be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out

Best wishes for a bright and cheerful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom