Brand new to this I have 7 chicks I am unsure of breed.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LauraBeth0513, Oct 28, 2014.

1. LauraBeth0513

LauraBeth0513 New Egg

Oct 17, 2014
    I have a few slightly educated guesses of my chicken breeds. I have 7 "egg birds" from a meat and egg combo ordered from Murray Mcmurray. The "meat birds" are obvious because they are twice the size of all but 3 of my "egg birds" and yellow/turning white. My Leghorn rooster is obvious because he is the only little yellow/turning white chick
    I apologize I may have gone overboard with pictures lol!!! I have guesses and discriptions between each group of pics

First chick I Think may be an auraucana/Americana? Her legs are very slightly grey.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I am thinking Buff Orpington? or red star?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I know is a Turken (Ha) can we tell if she is a girl?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I think is a blue andalusion?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I WAS thinking was a blue Andalusian as well but its comb is different (almost non existent)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has very similar coloring as the first coming in but has different markings on the head and pink legs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one I am thinking cuckoo maran?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Leghorn (can we tell if if he is a he yet?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    comparison of meat bird vs foghorn leghorn
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

3. Sienatiger

Sienatiger Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2014
    With the girls!
    The leghorn is most likely male. The others are hard to tell because they are so young. Good luck! quote name="LauraBeth0513" url="/t/934076/brand-new-to-this-i-have-7-chicks-i-am-unsure-of-breed#post_14272450"]I have a few slightly educated guesses of my chicken breeds. I have 7 "egg birds" from a meat and egg combo ordered from Murray Mcmurray. The "meat birds" are obvious because they are twice the size of all but 3 of my "egg birds" and yellow/turning white. My Leghorn rooster is obvious because he is the only little yellow/turning white chick I apologize I may have gone overboard with pictures lol!!! I have guesses and discriptions between each group of pics First chick I Think may be an auraucana/Americana? Her legs are very slightly grey. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one I am thinking Buff Orpington? or red star? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one I know is a Turken (Ha) can we tell if she is a girl? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one I think is a blue andalusion? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one I WAS thinking was a blue Andalusian as well but its comb is different (almost non existent) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one has very similar coloring as the first coming in but has different markings on the head and pink legs [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one I am thinking cuckoo maran? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This is the Leghorn (can we tell if if he is a he yet?) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] comparison of meat bird vs foghorn leghorn [​IMG] [/quote]

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree with Wyandottes7's guesses.

5. LauraBeth0513

LauraBeth0513 New Egg

Oct 17, 2014
    Thanks folks!! I will post again they are a bit older. I am having so much fun with these guys and cant wait to see what they become.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by