Brand New...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Momlife, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Momlife

Momlife New Egg

Apr 1, 2017
    Port Hope Ontario
    Just wanted to say a quick hello.

I have the opportunity to take in 9 hens and a rooster. Two black Americanas, one black sex link, one road island red, two welsummers, one EE, two barred rock. The roosters is a pure bred welsummer.

I am in the process of constructing the coop and looking for any help with plan ideas.

I live in Port Hope, Ontario, Canada. :)

Trying to get as much information as possible

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! You have definitely come to the right place. [​IMG]

Definitely follow the link to our Learning Center for all kinds of great articles on all the aspects of keeping your flock happy and healthy.

As for coops, have you seen our Coops pages yet? You might get lots of ideas here... https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops (just click on the size of the coop you are considering for lots of great pics and instructions.)

You can also ask lots of questions in our Coop and Run forums here.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Good luck with this new adventure! Ask any questions you may have and welcome to our roost! :)

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Momlife [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You have some good links to check out so I'll just wish you the best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by