Brand new...

GatorInBama

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 18, 2012
Axis, Alabama
New to forum and new to chickens. My wife decided awhile back she wanted some chickens for fresh yard eggs. Well, I said I would work on building a coop then we would get some. So we were driving around and she wanted to look at a feed and seed for ideas on chickens. You all know what happened next don't you? We left with six chicks and going back on the 20th for the other seven. So the coop building has been put on fast forward.

We now have:
2 Blue Cochin
2 Welsummer
2 Orpington

Will pick up on the 20th:
4 Rhode Island Red
2 Ameraucana
1 Silkie (My son wanted in on this action)

Wish me luck...

its sounds like my experience going to the store not wanting to buy anything and coming out with animals. Well good luck with your coop and chickens

WELCOME!!

it sounds to me like you got your hands full! lol just watch out for your wife.... us females tend to get a bad case of "chicken math". this can sometimes be hard on the husbands who have to deal with them lol
wink.png

im just messing with you! lol congrats on the new addition to the family! you will all love it, such an awesome experience. im a new chicken mommy myself and have had my 6 chicks for 9 weeks now. it has been so much fun and i am so glad i decided to raise chickens. they really are part of the family now and i love them dearly. this site is also an awesome place for information. if you ever have any questions this is the place to go! if you cant find the answer from previous posts (you wouldnt believe how much knowledge and data is stored on this site!) than all you need to do is ask. people are super friendly around here and willing to help those in need. im sure glad i found this site!

have you had any ideas/plans on the coop yet? did you make yourself a brooder for now?

take care and good luck!

allison

Hello and :welcome
Good luck with your chicks, and I hope you have a very rewarding time raising them! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

P.S. Do you guys call the shop a 'feed and seed' there? That's so funny, I've heard so many different names for them. 'Grain and garden' and 'pets and plants' are a couple used round here. :gig

I think Chickens might be Addictive ! I hope you can slow your Wife down better than my Husband could with me, He is now Actively building me my Second Large coop ! I also have two indoor cages for safe keeping babies and fragile chicks.. A Traveling Pen, a momma Breeder little home .. And More chicks ariving in the Mail I hope Tomorrow ! Hello My name is Corinne I am a Chicken Aholic ! And I Just Started 9 Months ago ; )

Back
Top Bottom