Brand Newby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cluck Cluck U, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Cluck Cluck U

Cluck Cluck U Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2016
    Hello everyone, I just finally after a year on our new Homestead talked my hubby into a small chicken coop. Actually I had to threaten a little by reminding him of his three Harley's, new RV two huge (all his) sheds and brand new Amish built 24x32' garage (all his too) on the Homestead. I reminded him this was my place too! So he's building me a coop for Christmas. Seeing as how I'm really artsy fartsy it will be elaborate and will have to go with our decor of the flagstone rancher. We have tons of flagstone that was left from back in 1968 in the back when it was originally built. We are right next to the Equestrian center where I was the 4-H horse and pony leader for years. So I get to enjoy the horses and know longer have to shovel crap! My neighbor down the end just got chickens this summer so it should be fun having them together. I can't wait to read everything I can get my hands on this winter preparing for my new adventure. I'm looking forward to reading all I can from all of you too.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Cluck Cluck, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Glad your husband saw the light! I am sure he'll come around to enjoying the chicken lifestyle as much as I'm sure you will. And the coop sounds like a great Christmas present! If you are new to the chicken game I'd advise doing some reading in the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It will leave you well prepared for the adventure that awaits! Best wishes! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

4. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Its great to have you! I'm glad you talked your husband into building you a coop! Have an awesome time on BYC and best wishes! [​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Fun intro! Good luck on the coop build...do you know what breeds of chickens you want to raise yet?

1 person likes this.
  7. Cluck Cluck U

Cluck Cluck U Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2016
    [/thank you so very much! I walked him down tonight to visit the neighbors chickens. Their seven children all went in and played with them for him. He commented on the way back to the house that our grandkids will have a ball with them! Yeah, he's got it!B]

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you could join us, and I hope you make yourself at home here!

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by