Brand spanking new! Loving this friendly site.

chickoletta

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 1, 2015
Unincorporated Walnut Creek
I'm in an unincorporated area in the Bay Area in California. We are starting our flock of pullets this weekend: RIR, Barr Rocks, Buff Orpington, EE, and a Black Australorps. One each. Not sure if I spelled them all correctly. Very excited. Been reading and planning this for 3 years!!! This site is awesome and I'm so grateful to have this resource. Thank you all for being available I'm sure to inundate with questions soon!!!! I'm hoping to have picked breeds that will get along and not be too flighty or noisy. Not sure if it's more breed inherent or part hen personality. Happy New Year to you all.

welcome-byc.gif
and have a happy New Year to you too! Please don't hesitate to ask questions, that's what we're here for! (that and also to joke about scarcely chicken related topics). I hope you enjoy your lovely mixed flock, I personally love Australorps (maybe because we're all Aussies) and wish you luck!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have picked some reasonably quiet breeds. Buff Orpingtons and Black Australorps are exceptionally calm and gentle breeds. My children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of both breeds. Black Australorps are also exceptionally good layers; the best lay rate of the brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Nice choice of breeds, I think you'll be very happy with them. Glad you joined the flock. Hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom