Brawl in the hen house.. hen down.. but not out..advice wanted ..

Pics
I am a new chickener . Anout 4 days ago I went out to feed the gals and when I opened the henhouse door it looked like a massacre had gone on, blood everywhere and all my gal blood splattered. my one gal, Zombie Ethel, had been pretty beat up. her left shoulder area has had the skin torn back and her head was pretty pecked up. looks like hell, I can see her shoulder/wing ?? bones. her comb is pretty rough and parts have turned white and seem to be leaking some clear fluid. She is not eating, but is drinking water. sleepsmost of the timebut walks about a bit. mostly sits in her nest in my kitchen and sleeps.My one rooster, Big Ethel, has come in and sits by her. I really don't knowmuch about chickens or birds, but what I have learned the last 10 months. I live in southern Canada, on a farm in the prairies. NOt sure how to proceed, or if I should just keep her warm and safe and watch and see.. All my chickens are named Ethel, with nicknames added as they present themselves. Zombie Ethel is named that as the boyz were kinda rough on her before I realized that was mating when they jumped on her and tore the skin off her sides. I seperated the sexes after that.. lol.But I have grown rather attached to my birds. The eggs are great the 2 I ate wee great, but... but... they are becoming pets.. lol any advice on helping my gal get better would be fantastic. I aint gonna be pulling the plug until its the only option. thnx in advance

looks like a columbian necktie.. got a couple pics . I will post straight away. I only have my crappy web cam so they arent the best quality.
Snapshot2.jpg
Snapshot4.jpg
Snapshot3.jpg
Snapshot4.jpg
Snapshot4.jpg
Snapshot4.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot5.jpg
    Snapshot5.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 29
Is all of the injury around her neck? I'm wondering if you don't have a weasel. What is your coop size? How many males in that coop, and how many birds total?
nope the coop was sealed up, the roosters were sleeping outside by the coop in theircubby hole. all the birds were splattered and bedraggled.saw no footprints aroundthe coop. The coyotes were howling around quite a bit that night so it may have startled em. and a riot ensued. thereare lightsin the trees aboout the coop and I keep a radio playing in the greenhouse next door to em. My dogs have an open dogie door so they rip out at night and bark at stuff, they do seem to "patrol" the chickens area as well, my cats kinda look after em too..

Back
Top Bottom