1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Brd Gnd Of My £1.50 Eggs Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ripley, Jan 25, 2010.

1. ripley

ripley Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2009
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME BREED AND GENDER OF THESE CHICKS,I BOUGHT 6 EGGS FOR £1.50 FROM A WOMAN THAT BREEDS PURE BREED CKICKENS
    she se]lls her extra eggs for eating,well i bought 6 and put them in my incubator and got 100% hatch rate,im new to chickens so any help would be appreciated

chick 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chick2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chick3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chick4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

chick5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chick6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i hope this works,1st time ive added pics,there 10-11 weeks

2. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    On the gender, all are male except 2 & 5. I'm sure on this. Breeds...1 Barred Rock. 2 Rhode Island Red. 3 A lavender something. 4, 5 & 6 crosses-note the small crests on them.

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Not sure on breed, but to me most look like little roos (comb/wattle growth/color) - # 2 and 5 look like possible pullets.

Cute chicks!

4. ripley

Sep 30, 2009
    was hoping for more than 2 girls,,im not allowed to keep any roos:(

5. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    The only one I'd guess with any confidence is #2. She looks like a Russian Orloff pullet. I think the black and whites are Barred Rocks. You do have a lavender roo but I'm not sure what breed. I don't think I've ever seen a lavender roo with a single comb.

6. Fanny

Fanny Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Manitoba, Canada
    Congratulations on your 100% hatch! The bad news is that they look mostly like roos (not #2 though...). The good news is that it looks like the same photos are posted for #4 and #6... so maybe there's one we haven't seen and she is a girl?

7. weirdmuse

weirdmuse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Southwest Ohio
    I'm fairly certain that chick no. 4/6 is a cuckoo marans roo. Looks like some preliminary light leg feathering on white legs which would put him in the group with some french genetics. Legs are too white to be barred rock and the markings are too blurred.

8. ripley

Sep 30, 2009
    chick 2 is half the size of chick 4,if that helps

9. ripley

Sep 30, 2009
    sorry 4 is half the size of 6,,

10. ripley

Sep 30, 2009
    think im loosing it yes 4 and 6 seem to be the same pics so ive lost 1,,i,ll have to find it and put up pics chick1 is half the size of chick 6 also

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by