1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bread peices

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by luvinmychickens, Aug 2, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Can my 4 month old chickens eat little peices of bread?

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    Yes, at 4 months they should be eating pretty much anything. Don't forget to have grit available for them.

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  4. wdc1952

wdc1952 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    Kearney, Missouri
    I periodically give my large fowl and bantams pieces of bread for a change of piece. They sure gobble it up.

5. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:Not too long ago I saved that on my computer. I asked because it didn't say on there.

6. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    I give mine a slice or two a week of whole grain or whole wheat bread. I'm lucky to have fingers left after they are done....it's their very favorite treat!

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Hmmm, didn't realize that. Possibly because it's not really the greatest treat as it's not very nutritious at all. But they do love that bread, and I give mine a little now and then for that reason.

8. luvinmychickens

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    I didn't give them much. Just ripped up some crust and I don't know if they really ate it. I think they just pecked at it and made it smaller. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by