Bread recipes for the kitchen aid mixer... please

MeatKing

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Near Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi all, I'm looking for a bread recipe for my kitchen aid mixer. I've tried quite a few but have never been happy, with the results... Not too sure if I'm doing anything else wrong, how long to beat for ect... And who knows what else I could be doing wrong...

Would love to hear, recipes/ how too's...

Please and Thank-you so much.. I will print out/ try all recipes... and post which one I had mosr success with. Thank-you to all those good Breadmakers out there.

I can type some up for you out of my kitchen aid cook book. Do you have one of those?

well, bummer. I had it last week and now those pesky people from an alternate reality have borrowed it...or, my son cleaned up the book table and it is out of place. I will keep looking though. sorry.

Last edited:
I'm going to call this a KitchenAid mixer recipe, because we've never done this without ours because of the amount of dough:

2 cups warm water
2 pkg yeast
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
6 1/2 to 7 cups of flour

In mixing bowl, combine water and yeast, let rise. Combine all other ingredients, then add to mixing bowl. Using the dough hook on the mixer, mix until ball is formed and is not sticky.

Place ball in large greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours [on holidays, we mix the dough the night before and leave in all night to save time the next day]. After refrigeration, form into small balls, place on cookie sheet. Cover with clean cloth and let rise until doubled in size. Bake at 350 until golden brown, brush with butter.

I've made cloverleaf rolls (three small balls in a cupcake tin), breadsticks, and hoagie rolls with this recipe. Perfect with homemade white peach jam.....
droolin.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom