BREAD????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by coltsrox, Jun 4, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    I burnt some rolls and half of it was fine so i was wondering can my 11weeks old babies eat bread? the non burnt side?

2. jemagsy

jemagsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Georgia
    mine LOVE bread - biscuits, wheat bread, white bread all of the above.

I usually give them the ends of my bread loaves as well.

3. vickig

vickig Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Texas
    Probably can. Just make small pieces [​IMG]

4. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    yes they can eat bread but I have read that a lot of it is not good for them and too much of it and they will not eat the important food and there is not alot of nutrition in bread. I give mine about 1/2 a heel once or twice a week. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    My grandchildren spent the night Friday and I made pancakes Sat. for breakfast. A couple did not turn out as nice as I like and I started to throw them away, they it dawned on me "the chickens will like them". I cut them in small pieces to go thru the chicken wire on their pen and the children gave them pancakes (no butter or syrup) and watermelon. They had a ball, and the grandkids did too![​IMG]

6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    My chicks in the brooder have been getting bits of whole wheat bread this week since they are about 3 weeks old and they go crazy over it. I also throw a few crickets in with them and some worms every now and then. The chicks that are with the mother hens are getting all this and they are fine so I figure what they get the ones in the brooder can get. [​IMG]
    Oh yes, I also give them their own sandbox to peck and play in mixed with a bit of DE. Anything the ones in the coop get, these guys get. Except a mother hen to snuggle under.[​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I make home made bread for my babies [​IMG] They LOVE it! I fiigure it's healthier for them and US too! So now I only make home made bread...every morning [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by