Breakfast Casseroles

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Bil, May 15, 2009.

1. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    With the church I go to, the youth ages 15-18 go to early morning seminary (bible study) every day during the school year. The final day of class the leadership of the church (I'm part of that) comes and makes breakfast for them. I'm thinking of using my eggs to make a nice breakfast casserole. Would love to have some great recipes to choose from! [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

I think we'll be feeding around 15 kids and 1/2 of them are boys so we'll need a lot of food! [​IMG]

Thanks!

Bil

2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, you could double this and take it.

make up enough pie crust to fit 2 9x13 inch baking pans..then take a big bowl and wisk about 8-9 eggs and about a cup of milk together..add shredded cheese, already cooked breakfast sausage, and green onions.
    put the crust in the pan, pour the egg mix into the pan and top it with more shredded cheese, dots of butter,and bacon strips. also, of course add salt and pepper to your liking.bake it at about 350 for half an our or so, just check it often.
    my kids love this!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
  3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

make an egg bake. I use my own recipe from my head...

8-12 slices bread (depending on pan size) buttered
    8-10 eggs, scrambled with a healthy smattering of milk and garlic salt
    leftover ham diced (we also use bacon or sausage, whatever is on hand and cheap...deer sausage is awesome)
    just assemble with the bread on the bottom, then the meat, then pour the eggs over top and add shredded chedar. Sit over night in fridge and bake at 350 for however long it take for the eggs to be done

Can you tell I just make it up as I go? Yeah ....but its always a hit [​IMG]

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Breakfast Casserole

1 bag of shredded hashbrowns
    4 eggs
    12- 16 ounces of raw bacon cut into little pieces
    1 can of cream of chicken soup
    chopped onion (I use a whole onion - use more or less)
    8 ounces sour cream
    2 cups of shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
    One stick of butter

Mix everything together, except the butter. Put it in a 9" x 13" cake pan. Cut the butter up and put the slices on the top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until you see it starting to brown on the top.

5. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:This recipe KICKS!!! We love it!!!

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

French toast casserole is great too, french bread cut into cubes, beat up about 8 eggs and 4 cups of milk with sugar and cinnamon added. Pour over bread (I use a loaf plus a little more) and let set overnight. If it looks a little dry, because that bread will soak it up, add a little more milk. Bake at 350 for about 40 min. covered with foil, then remove foil and bake for another 10 min. or so, or until knife comes out clean when stuck in the middle. Serve with syrup. It is so good!!!!

7. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

oh wow its the old favorite Cheesy Hashbrowns - - Breakfastized! Thats great! Cheesy Hashbrns are DH's FAVE EVER FOOD so he will LOOOOOVE this...you rawk

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Sometimes I make it the night before and reheat it. Sometimes I make it and transfer it to a crockpot to keep it warm. I often make it ahead of time and take it on camping trips to reheat in a skillet. We camp with other couples, and I usually get in trouble if I don't bring it.

9. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Oh these are great! I want to try some this weekend to just "test" them out! [​IMG]

Thanks! Always looking for more! [​IMG]

Bil

10. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    make an egg bake. I use my own recipe from my head...

8-12 slices bread (depending on pan size) buttered
    8-10 eggs, scrambled with a healthy smattering of milk and garlic salt
    leftover ham diced (we also use bacon or sausage, whatever is on hand and cheap...deer sausage is awesome)
    just assemble with the bread on the bottom, then the meat, then pour the eggs over top and add shredded chedar. Sit over night in fridge and bake at 350 for however long it take for the eggs to be done

Can you tell I just make it up as I go? Yeah ....but its always a hit

I just finished putting together an Egg Bake for in the morning... we are doing Fathers Day Breakfast.

I used a 9x13 baking dish
    6 slices of bread w/ buttered side down
    8 eggs w/ milk
    1 small shredded zucchini
    1 roll of cooked sage sausage
    shredded cheese

and I baked wildberry muffins this afternoon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by