breakfast ideas

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by seedcorn, Apr 28, 2009.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    before school, my daughter and I have breakfast........let mom sleep in as she's a grump in AM. [​IMG] Need some ideas on different things to eat.

Today was fried asparagus from garden. She likes fried potatoes, fried rice, fried apples (over oatmeal), chili, cold pizza, poached eggs, mushroom omelets. Hates pancakes (we have them every sunday whether she likes them or not--Dad's revenge); french toast, toast in general. Did the European breakfasts--that not such a hit either. her favorite is chocolate gravy over biscuits. Before we started this tradition, her mom over-D'ed on yogurt.

So please give me some ideas on something different.

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    WOW,you cook and for your own child....
    Lol my hubby didnt even know what his own sons shoes looked like,hes like whos shoe are in the living room who spent the night...I was like huh and they where our sons shoes when I went and looked....he had been wearing em since last year...
    Any way thats great that you do that...
    No ideas as i need more Tea...Ill get back to you on it...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. ohiofarmgirl

ohiofarmgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    my favorite bfast is a fried egg over fried rice.... yum........

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Well seedcorn, those are, um, different breakfast foods from what we normally have. [​IMG] We're more the typical eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits, grits (you probably don't have those in your area), oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, etc. kind of breakfast people. Recently I've been making them a kind of "pigs in the blanket" with Crescent Rolls. Take a small slice of cooked sausage and wrap it with a Crescent Roll, with or without cheese, and bake.

Eggs in a basket are delicious too! Got the idea from Cracker Barrel. They look like this, in case you aren't familiar. [​IMG](pic borrowed from http://recipesrecipesrecipes.wordpress.com/2007/11/06/moonstruck-eggs/ )

5. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    son like eggs in basket, daughter--likes the egg, hates the toast.

Breakfasts are light and fast. Have to get ready for school and the boys....you know.

I may make her a southern breakfast some AM, splurge on a slice of country salt cured ham......she'll hate that.[​IMG]

Yes, our breakfasts are different.....want her to remember this when I'm dust on the ground.

6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Well, fried asparagus beats a PopTart, that's for sure! Good for you for cooking for your kids! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Even though I'm a native North Carolinian, I don't think I've ever cooked country ham. I'll get a country ham biscuit from Bojangles every once in a while, but I'm not a huge fan of salty ham. And I hardly ever fry meat. Fried chicken is a real treat in my house! [​IMG]

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

DH likes it if I make omelets with jalapenos & onions, and serve it on toast with melted cheese (if we have it)
    I think of it kindof like an omelet and grilled cheese combo, but we call it "egg sandiches" and I'm sure it's not an original idea [​IMG]

I make "Sonic breakfast burritos" without Sonic's help. Similar omelet turned into scrambled eggs, sausage, salsa, wrapped in a burrito flour.

Um, wouldn't this fit better in the recipe section?

8. scarter

scarter Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Roberts, WI
    rice pudding. We use leftover rice.
    Oatmeal
    fried eggs over muffins
    french toast cassarole
    homemade musili over yogurt (want my own yogurt maker!)
    We mostly have cereal, oatmeal, eggs, leftovers.

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    our breakfasts may contain
    grits with or without cheese
    ham
    sausage links
    bacon
    biscuits with gravy
    eggs fried/poached...
    eggs benedict
    french or regular toast
    breakfast burritos with egg and sausage or ham
    pancakes
    waffles
    stuffed crepes....

eta :
    eggs my DH wants his fried eggs flipped over so they are not slimy, Taylor wants them without yolk and so does Sebastian, SammyLou doesnt care and i get to eat a egg with three yolks

10. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    You guys are e-----vil. So much of this looks SO yummy!

My DD prefers scrambled eggs with cheese on top... or the customary bowl of cereal. Hehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by