Breakfast Pot Pie Recipie*Pics*Recipie

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Why and Dotte, May 18, 2010.

1. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I had never made one, but I'm trying to get rid of eggs here and I always use biscuits in my chicken pot pie so what better way to use everything than making a breakfast "pot pie"
    Anyone have a good recipie? I'm looking some up right now but you never know how they taste until you use up all the ingredients.

It was a hit! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Putting the biscuits on

[​IMG]
    The finished product!

I layered it, starting with sausage gravy, 12 eggs (scrambled), a bag of cubed home style hash browns, mix in green peppers, I would have added onions but forgot to buy them! This recipe is so versatile, anything that goes with eggs can be thrown into a pot pie!
    Top it all off with drop dough biscuits, cook until biscuits are done.
    Everything goes in precooked, except for the biscuits. I cooked in a cast iron skillet, but I'm sure it would do just fine in a casserole dish.

I'm wanting to do a pancake casserole, with eggs and maple sausage links, I feel like a mad scientist throwing everything together like this [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Did you find a good one?

For some reason - brain dead maybe [​IMG] - I have never thought of a breakfast pot pie. I have eaten pot pie for breakfast - but one with egg, bacon - sounds good.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

gee... that really does sound good. I'll be lurking on this one... [​IMG]

4. blueberrylu

blueberrylu Songster

I wonder if you could try one of the oven omelet type recipes? I have one that uses a dozen eggs. I make it in a 9x13 pan, but it you wanted to get literal, maybe it could be divided into pie pans and the biscuits or pie crust put on top. Just a thought.

5. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Songster

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I'm trying it today, I think I'll play it by taste then force everyone to eat it.
    I'll post the ingredients after [​IMG]

6. remember Bisquick had the impossible French apple Pie and another main dish that you beat it all together and as it baked, it formed a crust on top? the apple one was just delicious . . .and I can't remember if I ever tried the main dish one . . . but that might work. I make Quiche, easy, quick, and all you need is a pie crust . . .throw in leftover ham, cheese, whatever and its a meal in one with a salad and hot bread.

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Looks yummylicious.....now I will have to make one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by