Breakfast Pot Pie Recipie*Pics*Recipie

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Why and Dotte, May 18, 2010.

1. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I had never made one, but I'm trying to get rid of eggs here and I always use biscuits in my chicken pot pie so what better way to use everything than making a breakfast "pot pie"
    Anyone have a good recipie? I'm looking some up right now but you never know how they taste until you use up all the ingredients.

It was a hit! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Putting the biscuits on

[​IMG]
    The finished product!

I layered it, starting with sausage gravy, 12 eggs (scrambled), a bag of cubed home style hash browns, mix in green peppers, I would have added onions but forgot to buy them! This recipe is so versatile, anything that goes with eggs can be thrown into a pot pie!
    Top it all off with drop dough biscuits, cook until biscuits are done.
    Everything goes in precooked, except for the biscuits. I cooked in a cast iron skillet, but I'm sure it would do just fine in a casserole dish.

I'm wanting to do a pancake casserole, with eggs and maple sausage links, I feel like a mad scientist throwing everything together like this [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Did you find a good one?

For some reason - brain dead maybe [​IMG] - I have never thought of a breakfast pot pie. I have eaten pot pie for breakfast - but one with egg, bacon - sounds good.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

gee... that really does sound good. I'll be lurking on this one... [​IMG]

4. blueberrylu

blueberrylu Chillin' With My Peeps

I wonder if you could try one of the oven omelet type recipes? I have one that uses a dozen eggs. I make it in a 9x13 pan, but it you wanted to get literal, maybe it could be divided into pie pans and the biscuits or pie crust put on top. Just a thought.

5. Why and Dotte

Why and Dotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    I'm trying it today, I think I'll play it by taste then force everyone to eat it.
    I'll post the ingredients after [​IMG]

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

remember Bisquick had the impossible French apple Pie and another main dish that you beat it all together and as it baked, it formed a crust on top? the apple one was just delicious . . .and I can't remember if I ever tried the main dish one . . . but that might work. I make Quiche, easy, quick, and all you need is a pie crust . . .throw in leftover ham, cheese, whatever and its a meal in one with a salad and hot bread.

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Looks yummylicious.....now I will have to make one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by