breakfast recipes

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
Here's a couple of recipes I just entered for the cookbook. I thought I'd go ahead and post them here too.

FRENCH TOAST CUSTARD
Katy

8-10 slices day-old french bread
5 tbsp melted butter
4 eggs
2 egg yolks
3 cups milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg or cinnamon
powered sugar

Brush both sides of bread with melted butter. Place in a greased 9 X 13 pan. In a large bowl beat the eggs and egg yolks. Add milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg or cinnamon. Mix well. Pour over bread slices. Cover and chill overnight. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

STICKY BUN FRENCH TOAST
Katy

8-10 1" slices french bread
5 large eggs
1 cup half & half
1 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp light corn syrup
8 tbsp butter

Lay bread slices in a single layer in a greased 9 X 13 pan. Beat eggs, half & half, milk, spices and vanilla to blend. Pour mixture evenly over the bread slices. Cover and refridgerate 8-24 hours. Remove from fridge and make the topping. For the topping melt butter over medium heat with the brown sugar and the syrup, stirring to blend well. Spread the topping over the bread slices. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until the top is browned and bubbly...about 45 minutes.

And here I was wondering what to make for dinner!
droolin.gif

ETA, I see you have to refrigerate overnight.
Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:
Oh yummy, yup I will make this for DH. Thanks Katy!

Will get out my real WV Maple Syrup for these!
wink.png

Last edited:
Oh my! I just got this ready to set overnight for tomorrow's breakfast.

Katy, dear Katy, PLEASE tell me all the fat and calories that LAUGHED at me as I prepared this dish will evaporate while it is doing the overnight soak?
th.gif

OMG those both sound divine!
If I cannot wangle an invite to brunch somewhere, would it be wrong to make & eat them all by my lonesome?
tongue.png

Ooh! Ooh!
I had a thought:
Could these be made & frozen unbaked?
I am always looking for edible Chirstmas gifts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom