Breaking my heart....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ZooMummzy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    but I must rehome my 5 month old black and brown bantam cochin, Blake. He has finally found his voice and won't stop! Lol he's crowing even as I type this. Since I live in town, I cannot have him crowing all day long. A few crows in the morning was ok with the neighbors but I fear this will be too much. My immediate neighbors are fine, it's the other ones that I'm worried about. They complain about everything! They turned my kids for playing in front of our house the other day [​IMG]

I knew it was bad to get attached to the little guy, but I just couldn't help it [​IMG] I just wanted to share because no one else in my family other than my daughter really seems to care how much this hurts. I've placed an ad on Craigslist. The last 4 roosters I had from this spring went within a day to very good homes in the country. I'm hoping the same for Blake. I'm going to be super picky!

Thank you for listening to me belly ache [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Im sorry [​IMG]
    I know how it is to have to rehome an animal you have gotten attachted to [​IMG]

3. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Songster

Oh, dear.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Not because of noise, but my Puff Daddy is too mean and aggressive. I jost don't think he has a place in my flock. My 2 younger roosters are OK so far, Puff is probably going to have to go.

My DW is hanging onto hope that we can keep him in jail a few weeks while the girls grow up a bit more, but I have doubts.

4. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I couldn't go through with it...just yet...so I took the ad off craigslist for now. I am going to try a few more things to see if it works. I have always believed if your heart is not calm with a decision, then you shouldn't follow through with it. I will give it a few more days and see.

5. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Try to get a 4h kid to get him! And when did it become illegal or worth reporting for having kids play out front??? SNAPPERHEADS

6. Serrin

Serrin Songster

Question: How is it considered bellyaching on your part when it's the neighbors who are being a$$'s?? They even griped about your kids playing in their own front yard?? Well excuuuuuuuuuuussseee mmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Those aren't neighbors...them are what we call PITA's around these parts!!! They think they're better than everyone else do they? Of all the conceited baloney!!

Let me guess...either a couple of old coots that just don't like kids period? Or YUPY/DINKS (young urban professionals/dual income, no kids) who seem to think that if you don't have the McMansion with a Beamer in the drive, not a single weed in the lawn and even the gap in the draperies in the front window have to be set at exactly 12 inches, well then you're nothing more than trailer park trash??? Them kinds???

Let me know where they live. I'll come teach then a thing or two about how to be a proper neighbor!! [​IMG] I'd be more than happy to! Those are the kind I love taking down a peg or ten!! *insert evil, maniacal laugh here* [​IMG]

7. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG] I seriously needed this laugh, thank you. Yes, the first set...old coots. Never see kids over there of any age so not really sure what the deal is with them. All I know is my kids said the old couple on the corner was peering out the windows at them as they played on our street - right in front of our house no less. They weren't yelling or doing anything rowdy, just hanging out and being boys, running up and down our hill and steps, greeting their friends as they went by. The next thing they knew, the cops showed up saying they heard complaints of noise and they had to go somewhere else. I wasn't home at that time or I probably would have been arrested [​IMG]

8. Chicks R Friends NOT Food

Chicks R Friends NOT Food Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Chariho RI
    Quote:[​IMG] I seriously needed this laugh, thank you. Yes, the first set...old coots. Never see kids over there of any age so not really sure what the deal is with them. All I know is my kids said the old couple on the corner was peering out the windows at them as they played on our street - right in front of our house no less. They weren't yelling or doing anything rowdy, just hanging out and being boys, running up and down our hill and steps, greeting their friends as they went by. The next thing they knew, the cops showed up saying they heard complaints of noise and they had to go somewhere else. I wasn't home at that time or I probably would have been arrested [​IMG]

Gotta love bitter old folks... one of my neighbors yelled at a little girl for crashing her bike in front of his house (she was sitting crying). He told her to go cry somewhere else. And he has a daughter (now at least in her 30s). I can't imagine him as my father... [​IMG]

I'm so sorry about Blake. Rehoming is terrible.

9. Serrin

Serrin Songster

Oh their ears would be in SOOOOOOO much pain by the time I got done with them if that had been my kids!! Not to mention their pocket books when I took them to court for harassment and anything else I could think of that might stick! [​IMG]

10. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Well, this morning he went back on Craigslist. He started at 6:30am despite all my efforts to sound proof the coop and keep him from crowing. I cannot stand the idea of putting him a box or kenneling him overnight like others have done to keep their rooster quiet. It just doesn't seem fair to him since he is only doing what comes naturally. I hate to get rid of him but I cannot risk my entire flock which is what could happen if someone turns me in to the police. I have a permit but it is completely negotiable if someone complains. Hopefully I will have as good of luck finding him a nice home as I have the other 4 roosters this season but he is going to be missed the most [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: