Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
Spring break has officially began
wee.gif

AND

Spring (even though there is still snow on the ground from this historical winter) is officially beginning. Now I don't care what those calanders say, about solstice and whatnot, I know this to be factual because....

I saw a turkey vulture today!
wee.gif

They've finally returned!!!
love.gif

It's a good day.

Yay! Its nice for it to finally be warming up in Iowa
roll.png

I've heard and seen lots of geese flying around, is that a good sign winter is going and spring is comming?
big_smile.png

You know, living here in balmy (?) Virginia, it never occurred to me that Turkey Vultures might not live year-round in more northerly climates. I think yours spent the winter at my house.

Way up here in Wisconsin, I know spring is here when the geese start flying back up north to Canada. So until I see my geese (or a robin!) it's not spring here yet. Although the weather has been lovely...

Quote:
I forgot about robins, they seem odd with their timing around here though. lol
I guess Juncos are good to watch and see when we start getting less and see more migrating birds. We have gotten a ..white throated sparrow(i think) lately.
smile.png

Is a turkey vulture the same thing as a plain ole vulture? We have vultures year round.

Our daffodils are blooming, as well as some shrubs.

Turkey Vulture:
turkeyvulture1.jpg

Black Vulture:
buzzard.jpg

I just saw a pair of black vultures a few days ago. It never really hits you how freakin' big those things are until they fly up in front of your windshield.

Back
Top Bottom