Breaking out the new incubator today!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rarebreedeggs4u, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rarebreedeggs4u

rarebreedeggs4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    A few weeks ago I bought a GQF incubator at an auction, paid WAY, GASP, too much, but I really wanted it because it had an acrylic door. I was going to switch the door with mine and sell it, but I have decided to keep it. I think I'm going to use it as my hatcher. I'm bringing it up to temp and humidity now and will lockdown in it tonight. It worked great during a test run, so here's hoping [​IMG]

2. hollyk

hollyk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    Canton, Texas
    Very Cool:thumbsup I have a new (new to my) incubator on my Christmas list. I hope all goes well!

3. abooth

abooth Chillin' With My Peeps

I thought you were done hayching for the year. And here you go with a new 'bator. LOL

4. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    Good Luck [​IMG] and Happy Hatching

5. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Just stopped by to say Good Luck and I am sooo jealous!

6. rarebreedeggs4u

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    Quote:Yeah, so did I~LOL

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Good luck with your hatch!

Laura,
    I have this Sportsman, you know. I have a question ...
    Can I hatch in it? I mean, it seems to me that the chicks would hop up and fall over the sides and go down to the bottom shelf. Or, would I just lay all the eggs on the floor of the bottom?

8. rarebreedeggs4u

Sep 27, 2009
    Morrow, AR
    Quote:Kathi,

The new (to me) one I'm using is just like yours. Even with the hatching drawer in my other one, the little boogers still climb over the sides sometimes and end up trapped behind the drawer. With that one though, I have to take the whole drawer out and jiggle & cool any unhatched eggs, to get the brats out! With this type (and yours) at least we can see if someone is behind, under or stuck beside the drawer and get them out without moving the other eggs.

I LOVE this new incubator. It's holding temp great and I LOVE being able to see the eggs just sitting there in lockdown. The solid door was super frustrating, trying to figure out who was hatching, if they were and when I could open the door. This is the bomb~LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by