Breast cancer: Q&As "URGENT"

Thanks for all the helpful info and my sister will be going with me next tues when I go back. I have my film with me so I'm going to try and get another opinion. My pain managment doctor arranged appointments on the 13th of Jan. for the mammagram and then the 20th to see the doc. My legs had swollen up on the 22nd a few days after seeing my pain mamagment doctor so I went to see another doctor and just happened to ask him if my swollen legs might have something to do with the lump and this doctor had me being checked two days later. I don't want to wait until the 20th of next month to get another opinion. I will have to find someone new.

Ladies I am so mad, you wouldn't beleive how mad I am. I can't even cry today I'm so mad. I spent the whole day in bed until now. As some of you know I have been fighting anorexia for almost 4 years now. Finally with all my therapy I almost have that totally under control. My weight has been over 100lbs for a couple of months now and I do eat everyday. Some days I don't eat as much as I should but I do eat and don't starve myself. That alone has been the hardest battle I have ever been through. I am praying with all my heart I don't go back to that behavior. I know I need all the strenth I can come up with to make it through this.

Thanks again for all the good info and for sharing it with me. You guys are all the best.

hugs.gif
Sweetie, you have to eat to keep up your strength to fight this battle... ( i know you want to fight and beat this!)
have to, have to eat.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Quote:

It has come back three times.

If I found out I had breast cancer I would want them both lopped off, my lymph nodes removed and use it as an excuse to get new perky ones.

Ask questions and if it doesn't make sense ask more questions.

My friends should have paid more attention to her margins. The area of clean tissue around the lump when it's removed can be very important.

Don't have your reconstruction Sx when you have the removal in case they need to do radiation or go back in.

Don't keep your nipples, they can make new ones from alll kinds of things. (but if they use your ear lobe have them do both so your ears aren't uneven)

These are just a few of the things I have found by doing research for my friends.

Almost everyone has one of those friends that is picky about research and looking things up on the internet. (That would be me, BTW)

Do you have someone like that to help you? They have birthing coaches and Doula's for those going through childbirth. Can you find something similar to help you with this?

My SO doesn't care he just wants me to be well. He was with me everyday fighting my eating disorder. I feel bad for him alot because he wants the girl I was 4 years ago and I'm afraid that girl is gone forever but he still stands beside me. He is one heck of a man.

Quote:
I am still eating everyday but earlier this week I had to fast for some test the next day. I told the woman taking my blood that I was recovering from anorexia and the fast nearly made me have a panic attack. In my head it was really funny to think about it.

Oh honey hang in there so easy for us to say when you are the one fighting the battles here. One tiny step at a time you know this from battling the anorexia. Ups and downs you know you always have an ear and a shoulder on here. We wish you well an are praying for you!

Quote:
Thank you so much. I don't know anyone that has been through this that is why I asked my friends here at BYC. They have been a great support group for me for a long time now.
love.gif

I have been up all night reading about breast cancer. I can't decide if I feel better or worce. It sounds like it will come down to which type I have and if it is actually in the lymth nodes and have spread yet. I don't ever remember being this scared before. I have to have some hope because it is what it is and then go from there. The next 4 days are gonna feel like an eternity.

hugs.gif
I am sorry that you are you having so many battles in your life. Just remember, your partner loves you because of who you are on the inside, not the outside.

I have a lump in my left breast, but they do feel that it is cancerous. But, if it were, I would not hesitate to remove one or both breast. My breast are not what makes me who I am.

We are all here for you.

Quote:
Snake, my old man says it doesn't matter to him that we will take it one day at a time, just take it as it comes. I can tell he is upset and just putting on a front for me. I really need that right now. I found all sorts of info on the net last night and feel better prepared for when I see my doctor again. Thanks for all the support guys. It really helps. I'm not in shock anymore, just numb. I don't know if that is better for me or worse.

Back
Top Bottom