Breast Cancer - You can HELP

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by walkswithdog, Oct 1, 2008.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    http://www.armyofwomen.org/

The
    Army of Women is attempting to put together a MILLION women, all races, all types. They are trying to create a REAL database for learning why and how it develops to find ways to PREVENT it, or better treatments.

I joined today. I have three people in my life who have had it. I have a daughter. If my time, my blood or urine will help one day prevent it. I'm all in.

It's just getting started. If it's important to you, I'm here to invite you to join with me to fight the sucker. 70% of the women who get breast cancer had no historical risk of developing it. That makes most of us vulnerable.

I had to share. There are a LOT of women here. Women with mothers and sisters and daughters. We could actually do something to help stop this thing.

Maybe one day, it won't be something we have to fear.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I will tell my MIL she just recently got done with chemo. The more they learn about this terrible cancer the better.

3. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    They need healthy women too, mostly healthy women - they're trying to find all the reasons WE GET it, how it develops, if there are any markers. The whole works. If they get enough data they may find a blood TEST for it. And wouldn't that beat the heck out of getting your breasts smooshed to smitherines? They might find a way to prevent it.

The more women, healthy and not, had it or not they get samples from the more likely it is that they will have enough information to fight it.

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I signed up. I've been blessed that no one in my family has had breast cancer but I've had friends. I'm all for helping!

5. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Yay!!!! We'll have an ARMY of BYCers!

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:

7. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    My daughter signed up today! One more! The more women who participate the sooner they have a chance of finding a way to STOP it.

Cancer sucks. If there's something I can do, so that someone else need not die - then heck yeah. I'm on it.

8. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I signed up last night.

9. chickensandmore

chickensandmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Spiro Ok
    My wife is at high risk, [​IMG] she signed up today [​IMG] I am so Proud of her [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  10. chickensandmore

chickensandmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Spiro Ok
    I sent the link to my daughter and guess what she joined her mom, and signed up... [​IMG] now I am double Proud I have 2 very special women in my life.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by