Breathing heavy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by VOX, Mar 20, 2011.

1. VOX

VOX Chillin' With My Peeps

Pearl, one of my female ducks(already layed four eggs this week [​IMG] ), has been breathing kinda heavy. Sign of worms/or respitory problems? just a wild guess lol. shes 5 months old. Should i worm her or what? or do you even have to worm ducks?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Worms could be one reason for her trouble- but it could be other issues as well such as issues with her respiratory tract. It wont hurt to worm them all anyway as a precaution.

3. VOX

good idea. I would have already did it but i wasn't for sure if they had to be a certain age or something. ill get her some duck wormer and see if that helps. If it dosent help then ill take her to the vet. Other wise shes doing very well, eating and drinking very well, playing with her duck friends, you know normal ducky stuff [​IMG]

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

VOX..youve not been on for a while...we need Pearl photos [​IMG]

5. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    What do you use to worm your ducks?

6. VOX

Quote:yeah iv been away too long D: .......I will give you new Pearl photos and of my other two duckies. Also going to get me 2 geese [​IMG] Keep an eye out today for a new topic with pics [​IMG]

7. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I hope you put one of the silkie chicken, too!

8. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Breathing heavy is serious. She's in trouble. If you are able to get her vet attention, it may save her.
    JJ

9. VOX

jjthink.....shes not in trouble... 1. she got to hot last night 2. she was in the middle of laying an egg. Shes fine now, woke me up this morning cuz she was crying wanting to come out of her cage [​IMG] Matter of fact i have to get started on a new pin for them this summer. desertdarlene i have a special treat for you [​IMG]

10. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    ok, glad to hear she's feeling better.
    JJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by