Bree & Beer *PIC HEAVY*

PineappleMama

Songster
10 Years
Nov 23, 2009
Deep In The Left Atrium Of TX
Bree & Beer are the two chicks that Miss A gave us. (btw was that not totally sweet of her, just out of the blue!!) I think that they're right at 10 weeks, leastways that's how long we've had them and they were cute little puffs when brought home.

They are BR/EE, hence the names. I figured, based on coloring/comb that they were both the same, boys or girls, but I saw some iridescence in some tail feathers today that got me wondering.

Since we were planning to rehome two of our GSL girls so we can keep Bree and Beer (limit is four here) I thought it would be prudent to make sure I'm not giving up two girls to keep two boys... roos are prohibited completely here.

Appreciate any insights!

SDC10484.jpg

SDC10468.jpg

SDC10467.jpg

SDC10466.jpg

SDC10465.jpg

SDC10464.jpg

SDC10461.jpg

SDC10470.jpg

SDC10478.jpg

SDC10480.jpg

Shake Your Tail Feathers!

SDC10481.jpg

SDC10491.jpg

SDC10483.jpg

SDC10482.jpg

SDC10477.jpg

SDC10476.jpg

SDC10469.jpg

Oh and well you know that Frigga, Isis, Ceres, and Easter weren't going to stand for being ignored so here's the only shot that has all four... personally I think Frigga reckons I got EVERYONE's best side. *snicker*

SDC10472.jpg

I was actually surprised at how well that one turned out, I'm not much of a photographer, even with a digital that supposedly does it all for you.
smile.png

With my experience with Barred rocks,looks like two girls,pullets. Their combs are floppy and sort of off reddish.My girls are the same color But I wouldnt give up the golden comets.Heavens no.Comets are good layers and sweet natured.
D.gif

Thanks 'Doza!

Well it was just today that they got let loose in the coop. They were in there, but in a pen, so everyone could get used to each other. Anyway, it was seeing them out in the sun that brought out the greenish bits and had me wondering.

You may notice in one of the tail shots that Bree is kinda flipping? That's 'cuz one of the girls gave her a peck. Didn't much care for them huddling around my feet, dangit that is MY spot, kind of thing. Goofy birds... I do love my GSLs, but Bree and Beer are growing on me, and the tinted eggs will be a nice addition. We really don't NEED 28 eggs a week (for the four of us, though can offload excess to In Laws) so I'm not too freaked over production.

Bree and Beer, if even only 12 weeks old, are BOYS. At 12 weeks old, they should only have pale pink/yellow combs. Sorry. If they were 5 months old I would say girls. But if under 16, nope, crowing will be soon.

Back
Top Bottom