Breed and Gender for my Hatched Babies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RedManorRanch, Jun 15, 2016.

1. RedManorRanch

RedManorRanch New Egg

Jun 15, 2016
    Lancaster County, PA
    Hi Everyone! I hatched these babies out in April of this year and they are about 8-9 weeks old now. I am trying to figure out breeds and genders so I can name these beautiful birds! The eggs were assorted and there may be some crosses. Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated! Thank you SO much!! There are 6 birds total :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a closer picture of #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #3 & #4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #5 looks to be the same as #4 but has a black spot on wing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you all so much again in advance for your input!

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    #1 Cockerel, but I'm not postive
    #2 Pullet
    #3 Also looks like pullet
    #4 Cockerel
    #5 Cockerel
    #6 Cockerel - not 100%. Does it have a crest?

Do you know what breeds are assorted, even if you don't know which are which? That might help with figuring out breed.

3. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Looking at number 2 a little closer...it looks like there might be some brown leakage, and the comb is pink, so it could also be a cockerel. Could be a pullet though, hopefully you get a second (or third!) opinion on that.

4. RedManorRanch

RedManorRanch New Egg

Jun 15, 2016
    Lancaster County, PA
    The breeds are as follows: Marans French Standard Black, Black Copper, Blue Copper, Birchen, Wheaten, Golden Cuckoo, British Standard Cuckoo, Splash-Silver Isbars, Copetona, Huastec, Lemon Pinceled Friesian, Plymouth Barred Rocks, Ameraucanas, Barnevelder, Swedish Flower, Icelandic, Lemon Cuckoo-Black-Lavander Orpingtons, Speckled-Light-Coronation Sussex, Buff and Golden Polish, Rhodebars, Cochin, White and Black Langshan, Black Java, Bielefelder, Amber Link, Red Sex-Links, Welsummer, PENDESENCA, NORWEGIAN JAERHON, Breda Fowl, Augsburger, Cuckoo-Black-Partridge-White Silkies, White-Light Brown-Silver Leghorns, OliveEggers, EasterEggers, Red-Blue Laced and Silver Laced Wyandotte.

This is what the listing had as the breeds.

5. RedManorRanch

RedManorRanch New Egg

Jun 15, 2016
    Lancaster County, PA
    This is what was in the listing:

The breeds are as follows: Marans French Standard Black, Black Copper, Blue Copper, Birchen, Wheaten, Golden Cuckoo, British Standard Cuckoo, Splash-Silver Isbars, Copetona, Huastec, Lemon Pinceled Friesian, Plymouth Barred Rocks, Ameraucanas, Barnevelder, Swedish Flower, Icelandic, Lemon Cuckoo-Black-Lavander Orpingtons, Speckled-Light-Coronation Sussex, Buff and Golden Polish, Rhodebars, Cochin, White and Black Langshan, Black Java, Bielefelder, Amber Link, Red Sex-Links, Welsummer, PENDESENCA, NORWEGIAN JAERHON, Breda Fowl, Augsburger, Cuckoo-Black-Partridge-White Silkies, White-Light Brown-Silver Leghorns, OliveEggers, EasterEggers, Red-Blue Laced and Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by