Breed and Gender of Red Young Chicken

I still think they are New Hampshires of Production Reds!
Nice birds!
smile.png

This is off the Cackle Hatchery website from google of "production red chicken". This may be the type since it has a different coloring than the RIR. It would be really neat to see anyones pet Production Reds though if anyone has any.

I have 2 RIRs or production reds, and this one is a lot lighter in color. I have found that New Hampshire's tend to be lighter in color than RIRS and Production reds. :)

pullets and probably red sex links or variation thereof (-; hatchery RIR's can be alot lighter than breeder or SQ RIR's for sure...it may well be a RIR...either way, they'll be hardy excellent layers!!

Thank you both! Those pictures are really helpful. I just moved these guys outdoors today! They love being able to roll in the dirt, they all plopped down as soon as I put them out. Sure beats living in my bathroom I bet.

As always the first to greet me is this pullet, shes looking like a little raptor right now, lol. I moved the lamp after this set of pictures, I accidentally got it stuck on the crate and my handy helper had to come to my rescue and get it off for me.

Back
Top Bottom