Breed and gender of these chicks??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by imogene08, Sep 24, 2013.

1. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    Well these are not my chicks,They are my best friends while she just got them a few days ago she's a bit new to the chicken world as she raises Quail really sorry of photo quality she has a bad camera so please anyone know what these two are??[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Its a little too young to tell the gender and breed, particularly with not very clear photos. But I don't see any obvious roosters right now. I would recommend posting new photos in 3-4 weeks; by then, it should be easier to tell.

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    The chicks are too young to tell breed or gender accurately. They look like they could be Old English Game bantam mixes, or another bantam breed/bantam mix. None of the chicks look like obvious cockerels yet. However, you can't be sure at this age. As Bantamlover21 said, post more photos in a couple weeks for another opinion (and, see if she can get some clearer photos--good photos help when determining gender/breed). Cute chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by