Breed and Gender questions! *Pictures Added*

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
I have two chicks from the pullet bin at the feed store. One from the Ameraucana bin (EE's) and one from the Rhode Island Red bin. I am posting pictures wondering...

a: Is my Easter Egger pullet or cockerel?

b.) is the little red chick a Rhode Island Red? I have never had one before so just curious if the pattern on the wings is typical? Also PULLET or COCKEREL on this chick if possible?

These chicks are two weeks old I believe..
smile.png
Thanks for any help!

Easter Egger PULLET or ROO?
LittleRedandEE086.jpg

LittleRedandEE073.jpg

LittleRedandEE072.jpg

LittleRedandEE071.jpg

LittleRedandEE069.jpg

LittleRedandEE046.jpg

LittleRedandEE045.jpg

LittleRedandEE043.jpg

LittleRedandEE097.jpg

Rhode Island Red chick? Pullet or Roo?
LittleRedandEE080.jpg

LittleRedandEE085.jpg

LittleRedandEE094.jpg

Thanks for any help!

They both look like Girls to me!! #1 not sure of what kind I have a few Wellsummers and they look different than that! #2 I dont think is a pure RIR it may be a redstar or sexlink but I am far from an expert!

Thank you my fingers are crossed for girls! Yes I noticed the Easter Egger didn't have as puffy of cheeks as my older one did at 2 weeks. But her legs are that classic green EE color and she has a pea comb so hopefully cheek puffies will come in later.

The Rhode Island Red was from Belt Hatchery so she may very well be a production red or red sexlink. I am not familiar with RIR's so she will be exciting to watch! I will post pictures when they are 5 weeks to get a FOR SURE gender count
smile.png

Classic EE colors of the first pics you posted. Here is my EE that looks just like yours.
80519_045.jpg

FAR LEFT
80519_034.jpg

That is fine with me! Your above EE is beautiful! I was hoping for a different colored one then I already have.

I am totally happy with a production red, as long as she is a girl and lays me brown eggs I am happy!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom