Breed and gender??

Papertiger

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2017
Hi, I'm fairly new to chickens, not had one since I was about 7, so I'm not sure on the gender or breed of our new chicks? They're 18 days old, and really friendly with each other. We hope they're both girls as we are not allowed to keep males in our area due to noise complaints.

I've tried to add a photo of each chick but I'm not sure it's worked as I'm very new to the forum.

Chick one, Nugget, has a gold head and is starting to get brown feathers on her chest and has sort of very pale brown and white wings.

Chick two, Chocobo, has a yellow head and brown feathers on her chest and wings.

I was just wondering whether anyone knows the breed and gender of the two of them?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi,

Both of them seem to have all their feathers now, and they're starting to make 'grown up' noises.

They're really friendly with each other and don't fight over food and snuggle up together at night. They're incredibly quiet though, I expected more noise from chickens. Is that normal?

I've attached some pictures of them again, they're almost 2 months old now, I was just wondering if it's still too early to tell for certain?View attachment 1062354View attachment 1062354 View attachment 1062355
Red sex link pullets

The brown colour on the wings looks like a production brown (I have one she is a great egg layer) not sure if they are male or female as they are still a bit young. Maybe a photo of the front of the face would be good in a 2weeks time might have more of a idea then

Back
Top Bottom