Breed and gender

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by candrnyen, Jul 5, 2008.

1. candrnyen

candrnyen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Michigan
    Hi, I have 3 birds that I bought being told that they were old english. Also, I believe that the white one is a roo but I am not sure about the other 2 my guess is the bigger is a roo and the smaller a hen.
    What do you think?
    thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Its hard to tell, the brown one does look like a hen and they do look like the body shape of OEG
    ETA:
    If you have 2 brown ones , one of them looks like it has dark legs, I wonder if a Different roo got to the mama

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  3. candrnyen

Jun 26, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks Kris,
    You are the only one that has responded to either of my posts. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong.

I posted some more pics of the two brown ones The little one is the little pic and the larger that I am thinking is the roo is the last pic. You can see in that one how much bigger he is.

Do the new pics help?

thanks
    C J

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Looks like they're oegbs. The 2 brown ones look like bb red pullets and the white looks like a (maybe) columbian cockerel (definately).

5. candrnyen

Jun 26, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks
    How much bigger do you think they will get? That one brown is still really small.

6. fowlafoot

fowlafoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    The bantams stay pretty small and the pullets are definately OEGB Black Breasted Red as for the rooster I don't recognize the color pattern

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by