Breed and Gender?

Katterz

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
My chickens are about 13 to 14 weeks old. I was told they were New Hampshire reds but I'm curious to get some confirmation on that as well as the gender of the two. One of the chickens, Emma, the lighter colored one, is fluffier than her sister. She is definitely the dominant one but she isn't taller. I measured the height of their legs as well as the length of their toes and they are identical. Emma is just fluffier and has a comb and waddle that is far more developed than Kokoshka's. Neither of them has crowed. The waddle and comb is the only thing that really makes me feel concerned that Emma might be a rooster, in which case I have no idea what to do because my zoning area does not allow roosters.

As an additional note - Emma usually walks with her tail feathers straight up in the air - not like she is in these pictures. All feathers vertically up and down when she is alert and looking around. Kokoshka does this too sometimes.

My chickens are about 13 to 14 weeks old. I was told they were New Hampshire reds but I'm curious to get some confirmation on that as well as the gender of the two. One of the chickens, Emma, the lighter colored one, is fluffier than her sister. She is definitely the dominant one but she isn't taller. I measured the height of their legs as well as the length of their toes and they are identical. Emma is just fluffier and has a comb and waddle that is far more developed than Kokoshka's. Neither of them has crowed. The waddle and comb is the only thing that really makes me feel concerned that Emma might be a rooster, in which case I have no idea what to do because my zoning area does not allow roosters.

looks like they are New Hampshires. I think you have one hen and one rooster! :)

Back
Top Bottom