Breed and gender??

artfrae

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 3, 2013

2 months old. Any idea what breed they could be and if they're pullets??

Need a lot better pictures, but if they are two months / 8-9 weeks I am seeing an awful lot of comb and wattle, looks like all roos.

They looks like cockerels to me. As for the breed, they might be Jersey Giants, Australorps, or a mix of different breeds.

Agree probably roos due to comb color and wattles at 8 to 9 weeks.

If first bird is indication of the rest, I doubt they are Austrolopes as the earlobe looks white in the photo not red....at least the first bird.

Maybe Black Minorcas? If so, that white earlobe spot will grow substantially bigger. It might also give a glimmer of hope because even the pullet minorcas develop big combs early...but I doubt that red. Post better photos and maybe a Minorca owner will clarify that point.

My 2 cents is if not Minorcas, probably roos but not Austrolopes...at least not pure breed.

Lady of McCamley

Agree probably roos due to comb color and wattles at 8 to 9 weeks.

If first bird is indication of the rest, I doubt they are Austrolopes as the earlobe looks white in the photo not red....at least the first bird.

Maybe Black Minorcas? If so, that white earlobe spot will grow substantially bigger. It might also give a glimmer of hope because even the pullet minorcas develop big combs early...but I doubt that red. Post better photos and maybe a Minorca owner will clarify that point.

My 2 cents is if not Minorcas, probably roos but not Austrolopes...at least not pure breed.

Lady of McCamley

X2

Back
Top Bottom