Breed and possibly gender please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KristyAnn, Feb 22, 2014.

1. KristyAnn

KristyAnn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2013
    South Bay San Jose CA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've got these two birds that look relavant in skin color and feathering a little bit, yet I can't tell what they are. I see some silkie features, but the bottom of the white one hardly feathers on it's rear at all while the buff looking one has more fuzzy type of feathering on it's bottom plenty. They both have five toes on each foot and this little top feathering attribute about them and then the black skin obviously. They can't be full silkie I'm thinking due to at 6 weeks old I feel a silkie would have A lot more feathering puffiness about them. can the breed of these birds be resolved? And they are not from the same folks either, so that being said, if they are both mixes, I have no idea what each of the two could possibly be mixed with, nor can I even tell their gender.

2. KristyAnn

Nov 26, 2013
    South Bay San Jose CA
    Here is a better side view of the white one.[​IMG]

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    They could just be poor quality silkies. They are way too young to be able to tell gender

4. KristyAnn

Nov 26, 2013
    South Bay San Jose CA
    so ya think the bone structure and posture looks Silkie for the most part?

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes, the buff more so then the right. Just very poor examples of the breed. Thought they are just chicks and I am sure will make great pets

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  6. KristyAnn

Nov 26, 2013
    South Bay San Jose CA
    Yeah great pets indeed. Very fun loving pair they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by