Breed and Sex if possible?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Invertalon, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Invertalon

Invertalon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I posted this a few weeks back but I guess it was too early to tell, so I was wondering if some of you experts can help out with the breed of my "red pullets" from TSC... I hope both appear to be female, both are very sweet and social. (Legally, we can only have hens as well, so I really hope no roo!). I know legs can help tell male from female and one of my pictures hide the feet/legs, but they are both equal between the two... Appear to be identical in size.

They are basically inseparable from each other... Take one away, the other calls for the other! As far as the breeds, they appear to have two very different color/feather patterns. What breeds may they be?

They can't wait to get outside! They had a taste of their brand new coop last weekend when the weather was nice and warm, and they seemed to love it. Only a few more weeks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    They look like red sex links or cinnamon queens or orangelinks or whatever.

Both look like girls to me.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Yes, RSL which means if it were a roo, it would be yellow/white. That's why they make sex links.

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Fred's Hens :

Yes, RSL which means if it were a roo, it would be yellow/white. That's why they make sex links.

X2.​

5. Invertalon

Invertalon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thank you! That is great to hear (new to this chicken business! [​IMG] )

Now I just have to hope the two white leghorns I have are females, and we will be set!

Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by