Breed and Sex of My New Chicks

FionasFam

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
We got chicks just over a week ago from a feed store and they were horribly labeled. Supposedly, all but one were born on 3/12. The one who wasn't was supposedly born on 3/14 but she is much larger than the others. She was also the only one not labeled as a silkie even though several are quite obviously not silkies. She is labeled as am Ameracauna which is probably an Easter Egger?
I have taken some pictures and am hoping that some of you might be able to help me figure out breed and gender. Thanks ahead of time for your help! Their current names are just temporary until we are sure of what they are. I apologize for the poop, but that box was the quickest thing I could find to get pictures of the individuals in.

This is Alexandra

This is Attila

Audrey

Elizabeth and I think that is Alexandra, but it could be Audrey. I was trying to show size difference, but Elizabeth just wanted to settle down instead of stand.

Please tell me that Elizabeth is a chicken and not a turkey. She is quite a bit bigger than the others even though she was supposedly born 2 days later. She is very sweet and social. Last night she even flew out of the brooder to sit in my lap and be petted. The feed store labeled her as an Ameracauna. I am only assuming she is a she!

This is Fabio. He is a bossy little bugger with the others.

This is Gandalf

This is Morgana. She is pretty mellow, but man was she noisy when I was taking her picture!

This is Victoria. Might be a male, but I really don't know. She is really aggressive kicking those legs around on the ground.

Thank you!

Did you choose from a straight run? They are mixed gender & breeds. I'm new on here so I don't have much advice sorry.

I see a few silkies in there. Maybe some brown leghorns?

I am far from being an expert. Maybe post them over on the "What breed or gender?" page.

They were in various runs. Alexandra and Audrey were in one. Attila, Victoria, and Morgana were in another. Gandalf and Fabio were in another. Elizabeth in another. We wanted a mix, but again, the labels on the runs listed all but Elizabeth as silkies. Actually, that is not entirely accurate. Alexandra and Audrey had a birth date listed but no breed. I think the only silkies are Morgana, Gandalf, and Fabio.

Binza, I had checked to see if there was a specific page best for me to post this to, but must have missed that. I will go look for it now. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom