Breed and sex please!!!

NatalieB

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Ashby, MA
I bought the variety pack from Gabbard Farms----now I have a ton of chicks and they all look the same! 4 weeks old.
I am supposed to have:
BLRW
Pumpkin Hulsey
GLW
Australorp
BCM
Welsummer
Partridgr Penedesenca
EE
Blue Andalusian

Please Help!

Happy Chooks

Staff member
Premium member
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
#1 Not sure, maybe Australorp?
#2 BCM's
#5 The blue one is the Andalusian, The other one (I think) is the Penedesenca.
#6 Those are your Welsummers.

Happy Chooks

Staff member
Premium member
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
And pic #3, the one on the left looks like it could be your BLRW. And the one on the bottom right looks like it may be a BLRW (splash), but it has the wrong comb.

Last edited by a moderator:

chickaddict

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
Bristol
I think #3 are your ee's, but I don't think #1 are australorps I had 2 of those last year and they didn't look like that but I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Mandalina

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Savannah,MO
#1's look identical to the BA's i got this year from the feed store, right down to the light colored toes. Actually our birds are the same amount feathered out too lol.

NatalieB

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Ashby, MA
Thank you..................I am going out of my mind trying to figure them out!! Any thoughts on sex?

Chris09

Circle (M) Ranch
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Ohio
In picture 1 there are 2 different breeds. The one in the back with the blue/slate color in the legs is a Andalusian (Black) the other chicke with the Yellow legs is a Australorp..
Picture 2 the one on the right could be a Australorp and the one on the left I cant see the leg color..
Picture 3 the one in the back is a EE the one in the middle is a Partridgr Penedesenca (I beleve) and the one in the front is a Pumpkin Hulsey..
Picture 4 no idea cant see the legs color
Picture 5 the one in the front is a Blue Andalusian the one in the back that looks like a Rhode Island Red could be your BLRW..
Picture 6 look like Welsummers

Chris

Last edited:
Top Bottom