Breed and sex?

Rena9

Chirping
Dec 15, 2018
So, this was a freebie due to the bad cross-beak issue but I have no idea what it is. It's got black skin like a silkie, five toes but normal feathers and a straight comb. I think they said a frizzle? Any ideas?
20190720_105652.jpg
20190720_142323.jpg

Blue-black skin on its back.
20190720_142341.jpg
20190720_142359.jpg
five toed foot.
20190720_142423.jpg

Black skin under the wing.

I'm thinking it's a sultan,silkie cross or frizzle as for gender I cant tell could you post a pic of the wing stretched out maybe then I might could tell you what the gender is

How old is it? The age would help me know the gender As for breed I think a silkie mix I have a silkie mix hen she is probably 4th or 5th gen mix she has normal feathers and toes but black skin and a pea comb but even though pea combs are a dominant gene they can sometimes get a single comb I’ve had it happen

I'm thinking it's a sultan,silkie cross or frizzle as for gender I cant tell could you post a pic of the wing stretched out maybe then I might could tell you what the gender is

Attachments

• 1563666011263-1670820007.jpg
    1563666011263-1670820007.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1563666039041430918285.jpg
    1563666039041430918285.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 5
How old is it? The age would help me know the gender As for breed I think a silkie mix I have a silkie mix hen she is probably 4th or 5th gen mix she has normal feathers and toes but black skin and a pea comb but even though pea combs are a dominant gene they can sometimes get a single comb I’ve had it happen

I'm not real sure on the age. It's completly feathered out except the underside of the wing and about the same size as my 11ish week old D'uccle. But it's also got a bad case of cross-beak which could have stunted or slowed it.

My husband heard "free" and had it before i could ask questions.

I'm not real sure on the age. It's completly feathered out except the underside of the wing and about the same size as my 11ish week old D'uccle. But it's also got a bad case of cross-beak which could have stunted or slowed it.

My husband heard "free" and had it before i could ask questions.
i don’t know for sure but I am kind of leaning towards it being male usually my pullets have barley any comb but chickens always surprise me I had a “pullet” that I thought for sure was a girl then a year later he started growing his rooster feathers it was so odd but he is the sweetest Rooster I have ever met

There are frizzle and sizzle silkies. My freebie is a cross beak too lol.
Awesome. What kind is your freebie?

And it's just the comb and feathers on this one throwing me off. It has fluffy but normal feathers, not the silkie "fur" and a straight comb but silky coloration and toes. Little odd bird.

Awesome. What kind is your freebie?

And it's just the comb and feathers on this one throwing me off. It has fluffy but normal feathers, not the silkie "fur" and a straight comb but silky coloration and toes. Little odd bird.
IMG_20190709_163951420.jpg

Beaker, as we have named her is on the right. She is straight silkie, but I have 2 frizzle (or a sizzle lol the breeder wasn't much help).

i don’t know for sure but I am kind of leaning towards it being male usually my pullets have barley any comb but chickens always surprise me I had a “pullet” that I thought for sure was a girl then a year later he started growing his rooster feathers it was so odd but he is the sweetest Rooster I have ever met
I had one this year go the other way. I knew Monster Truck (my 3 year old named her) was a little roo, too pink too quick and too tall, but she lays beautiful brown eggs. Even when I get them wrong its fun to guess.

Back
Top Bottom