Breed, anyone??? Updated Pics....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cjeanean, Apr 15, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Okay, so I've asked about this one before, but now that she's growing in her wings I gotta ask again...anyone know what she is??? This is driving me crazy, I really want to know if I'm gonna get colored eggs....thanks!!!

Here's one of her legs.....

[​IMG]

Here's one of her body/wings.....

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!!

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Anyone have any clues???

3. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Uh looks more like a Silver Leghorn than an EE. But not sure. [​IMG]

4. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    My first thought was a Barred Rock. He/she looks like she is going to barr out. So my best guess is a barred rock or a Dominique.

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Since she is brown, she can't be a barred rock or dominique. She looks much like one of mine that someone guessed brown leghorn (and I am seriously leaning toward that guess).

Here is mine, just a bit younger. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  6. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    She is most definately not going to be a barred rock or dominique. They are both black in their background colors from day one. That chick looks like a brown leghorn chick to me. I thought partridge rock at first, but the build of that bird and they way it carries itself, I am going to say leghorn.

7. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I just don't know why they put her in a 'rainbow layers' assortment. I was really hoping she was an EE, or one of those Silver Duckwing Old English Game or whatever. There are a lot of chipmunk looking chicks out there!!! LOL!!! And she has a white face, not a brown one.....I have no clue....Thanks everyone!!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Anyone else have any ideas????

9. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    It does seem to be a Silver. If it has a single comb, silver Leghorn was a good guess. Could be silver duckwing old english if the hatchery had them.

It's perfectly reasonable a Leghorn would be added to rainbow layers assortment- the idea of this assortment is to give several different *breeds* to give a range of different egg colors- white, various shades of tan and brown plus probably a few EE. Leghorns are good ones for white eggs.

If green/blue eggs were the goal, get 10 or so EE pullets.. as not all of them will lay blue or green eggs, and it appears a majority of EE lay green or greenish eggs.

10. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Just wanted to say I have some Aracauna's that look like those chicks. I had 5 adults and now only have 3 and all three are so very different from one another. I now have 7(?) aracauna/black sex-link crosses but they are only 2 wks and 1 is just 3 days old. Just thought I would share this info with you so you might still get your colored eggs but like someone else said "as not all of them will lay blue or green eggs"
    Good luck and hope you get what you are wanting.
    Edit cause I found some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres's 2 in this pic
    [​IMG]
    The one in the very front~sorry it's not that good a pic
    [​IMG]
    One to far left and other to far right
    [​IMG]
    Now as adults
    [​IMG]
    just to show the difference