1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breed at tractor supply company

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenchick2011, May 8, 2011.

1. chickenchick2011

chickenchick2011 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    shelby ohio 44875
    Does anyone know what breed chickens are at TSC? I just need meat birds. Not to worried right now about eggs!

2. Country Parson

Country Parson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Bellefontaine, OH
    If your getting meat birds they would be the standard industry birds, which are CornishX. This is about the only "constant" at TSC, as the other varieties vary from store to store.

3. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm pretty sure the TSC has finished Chick Days for now. They did carry cornish x March to the first week of May.

4. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

The TSC ad in this month's Backyard Poultry magazine states Chick Days runs from March 4 to May 4.

5. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    If they have any left you will be lucky. I know they did have Cornish X, but the store here sold out of chicks three times, and they ordered 400 last week bf Easter and I talked to someone recently who said they were sold out again. Here they won't be getting any more. They had those, some Bantams, Golden Comets, and Barred Rocks in the very beginning. They had a great season for chicks, ducklings and rabbits.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by