Breed Check For 3 Chicks Please

americanchicks

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2012
Buckley, Wa
Hope all had a good weekend! Got 5 chicks from Coastal Farm and Ranch a few Saturdays ago .The deal was buy a 25lb bag of chick starter and get 5 free pullets. According to nice girl working there they are all suppose to be different breeds. I knew what 2 of them where right from the start, The other 3 had me guessing. Now that they are 3 weeks im pretty sure about 1 but the other 2 have me scratching my head. Anyone have an idea?

5 days old. I knew the BR(left) and the EE(4th) right away.

Princess Luna. Started out jet black but now has brown coming in so I'm thinking BSL

Phoebe loves the camera :) She is a bit orangeish tan, so maybe RSL or BO

Popcorn is lighter than Phoebe. Not sure maybe the same as above

Finally got them in the same pic, had to use a corn bribe
jumpy.gif

Looks like 1 Barred 1Blk Sex 1 EE and 2 light ones are what we call around here Cinnomon Queen, Gold Comet, Bovine Brown, that what we call the girls that have the varying white feather patterns in them...If their solid red or red with a little black in them we call them Red Sex link...
frow.gif

I have 2 production reds already, was told they where Buff Orpingtons when they where chicks. I read up on the SL and had no idea they cross purebred birds to get them. Stayed up late reading on chicken genetics :) So far they seem very sweet. Love the black one my 2 year old can just carry her around. Thanks for the replies all

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom