Breed/Color?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Aug 19, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I am guessing my little chick is an OEGB, but is it just silver/gray or is there a special color name?

[​IMG]

Thanks for any guesses [​IMG]

2. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I don't know what color you call the little cutie but its adorable!!!!! [​IMG]

3. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Hmmm.. maybe a silver penciled.

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    The only thing I could find that seemed close was a Silver Duckwing OEGB, but adult females have reddish breast feathers.

My chicks chest is a real light greyish white, do you think that could change to a rusty color later?

5. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I looks like a serma mix to me but I'm no expert by any means. Hopefully someone will come along with a better knowledgable answer [​IMG]

Pretty Bird [​IMG]

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    If it's an OEGB it looks like a Silver Quill.

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I am pretty sure she is an OEGB, but anything is possible I guess. I bought a box of chickens at an auction and in it were two Quail colored OEGB hens and 3 chicks. Haven't a clue if all the chicks were really from either of these hens. People tend to just throw whatever they dont want in a box and sell them together.

One chick looks like the hens, one has a little more gray, but still resembles the hens and this 3rd one is smaller than the other 2 and all light/dark gray. The other two are roos, so they will have to go back to the sale, but I am keeping this little one that I think is a girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  8. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Does anyone have a pic of an adult Silver Quill OEGB? I am curious what she might look like as an adult, but can't seem to find any pics online of hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by