Breed Game !!! **pic Heavy**

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mljohnson05, May 29, 2011.

1. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    now that all my bantams are 5 weeks old, lets play the Breed game [​IMG] I will put what I think it is, and if you all could tell me if I am right [​IMG]
    #1 ( Pullet Red Cochin Bantam---and cuddle bug)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#2 (Pullet SILVER Sebright Bantam-Miss loud mouth and escape artist)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#3 (porcelain d'uccle bantam-Pullet...layed back)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#4 (My ONLY ROO? Old English Bantam...but not sure on color)
    He is in back ground [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thank You All In Advance [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    correct on all the guesses [​IMG] The roo is a Silver Duckwing OEG

3. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Thank you so much for the coloring on my OEG [​IMG]
    I was born and raised in the city, but when married moved out to a small small town, and have over 2 acres to play with....never thought I would have chickens, but read up on them and really loved bantams....They all have ttally different personalities, but they seem to love us and each other....And now I spend my days obsessing over my 4 chicks....Just LOVE them and love watching them pay with my 5 year old son [​IMG]

4. Quote:x2

5. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:Question though...after looking up Silver Duckwing OEG......he has the pattern and marking of a PULLET....and the Roo of that breed is more solid with various solid feather colorings.....does this mean he is a different type or a pullet????? Almost has the coloring of a Crele, or even a Silver Birchen OEG bantam
    But really IDK....I guess I will have to see how he feathers out as he gets older

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  6. Quote:Question though...after looking up Silver Duckwing OEG......he has the pattern and marking of a PULLET....and the Roo of that breed is more solid with various solid feather colorings.....does this mean he is a different type or a pullet????? Almost has the coloring of a Crele, or even a Silver Birchen OEG bantam
    But really IDK....I guess I will have to see how he feathers out as he gets older

he should have a bit of molting to do.

my Bantam mix roo was spangled with white when he was young, now only his belly and hid wings has white dots:

5 or 6 weeks old: [​IMG]

a few weeks ago (about 10 months old): [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  7. mljohnson05

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Oh Wow...ok...that is a huge difference...Thank you for the pics...Very helpful [​IMG]

8. bantamsrmyfav

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Quote:Thank you so much for the coloring on my OEG [​IMG]
    I was born and raised in the city, but when married moved out to a small small town, and have over 2 acres to play with....never thought I would have chickens, but read up on them and really loved bantams....They all have ttally different personalities, but they seem to love us and each other....And now I spend my days obsessing over my 4 chicks....Just LOVE them and love watching them pay with my 5 year old son [​IMG]

sweet [​IMG] I can't wait til the day comes that I get married and move into an acreage. I obsess over my bantams too, after years of it that's how I know most the bantam breeds [​IMG]

9. bantamsrmyfav

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Quote:Question though...after looking up Silver Duckwing OEG......he has the pattern and marking of a PULLET....and the Roo of that breed is more solid with various solid feather colorings.....does this mean he is a different type or a pullet????? Almost has the coloring of a Crele, or even a Silver Birchen OEG bantam

my Silver Pencilled Cochin was feathering out like a pullet but after a few months he turned almost all black except for the silver hackles and head. I keep forgetting to take a picture of him to enter him in the fattest roo contest.

10. bantamsrmyfav

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada

he should have a bit of molting to do.

my Bantam mix roo was spangled with white when he was young, now only his belly and hid wings has white dots:

5 or 6 weeks old: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/41094_natty_still_might_be_a_roo_006.jpg

a few weeks ago (about 10 months old): https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/41094_dscn1608.jpg

Beauty. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by