Breed Game

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cwittofur, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Cwittofur

Cwittofur Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    Southern NH
    Anyone have a guess as to which breeds I have here? I believe the Brown ones are Orpingtons and the black one to be an Australorp. The white one I'm not too sure "she" is also the smallest. I think the black one is a male also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They're just too freaking cute! They looooove my pear tree.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The brown ones are either New Hampshires or Buff Rocks [​IMG] Orpingtons have white/pink legs.

The "black" one looks dark blue, which makes it likely the same breed as the splash (light gray one) Do you know what color the black one's feet/soles are? Yellow or pink?

3. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    blue andalusian

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Andalusians have slate legs, the splash one there has green/yellow legs [​IMG]

5. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
  6. Cwittofur

Jul 20, 2011
    Southern NH
    I'm pretty sure the black one's soles are yellow. Although looking at a picture from when they were younger they looked pink or so.
    [​IMG]

My chicks are about 6 weeks old now.

I also live in New Hampshire haha. The coloring on the picture may be misleading the black one is definitely black in colour.

7. Cwittofur

Jul 20, 2011
    Southern NH
    I'm 100% certain one of the brown ones is a roo. Very dominant personality. I fed them sliced pears and the black and one brown were frenzied at the cage for the slices while the others would sneak up and steal the pieces out of their mouths. I have never laughed so hard.

8. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    if the bottom of the black ones feet is yellow then is a jersey giant... right?

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Yes. [​IMG]

The splash one, well, I guess I'd ask did you get these from a hatchery? If so I've no clue what she is.

10. Cwittofur

Jul 20, 2011
    Southern NH
    Quote:Yes. [​IMG]

The splash one, well, I guess I'd ask did you get these from a hatchery? If so I've no clue what she is.

I got them from my mom who received the chicks from an elementary school. The school hatches two dozen eggs each year as a school project. I haven't the slightest idea which school or where the eggs came from however. If the feet are pink that signifies australorp?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by