Breed Guesses for New Chicks

abuancea

In the Brooder
May 8, 2015
USA
So my family and I had all but three chicks die from our mail order from McMurey Hatchery so we went to a Rural King store and bought some replacement chicks. The only problem is that since we bought bantam chicks the breed of them is unknown and I was wondering if anybody was able to help us identify them. They are all around two weeks old. Thank you very much for any help!

We suspect that chick 1 is a golden bantam and that chick 6 and 5 are some type of Cohin, chick 4 might be a phoenix(?) and the chick 7 is a Silkie but we are at a complete loss for the others.

Last edited:
The top 3 look like wyandottes and 4 looks like a leg horn. I feel like I know what 5 might be but im lost for words. Maybe it'll come to me later.
roll.png

Whoops didn't read the word bantam for some reason. So now im gonna say 3 seabrights (1-3). 4 has a lot of breed options being just plain old white right now. 5 and 6 look like a mottled cochins and of course, like you said, that cute little ball of silkie. :D

Chicks 1, 2, and 3: Silver Sebrights
Chick 4: White Old English Game
Chick 5: Not sure, maybe a Light Brahma
Chick 6: Cochin, not sure about the color variety
Chick 7: White Silkie

Ah thank you guys very much c: I think the chicks are so cute no matter what breed but it's very nice to know what to expect.

So my family and I had all but three chicks die from our mail order from McMurey Hatchery so we went to a Rural King store and bought some replacement chicks. The only problem is that since we bought bantam chicks the breed of them is unknown and I was wondering if anybody was able to help us identify them. They are all around two weeks old. Thank you very much for any help!

We suspect that chick 1 is a golden bantam and that chick 6 and 5 are some type of Cohin, chick 4 might be a phoenix(?) and the chick 7 is a Silkie but we are at a complete loss for the others.
Left to right, top to bottom: Silver Sebright, Silver Sebright, Silver Sebright, Red Pyle Old English Game bantam, unknown variety of Old English Game Bantam, some variety of Cochin or Brahma, same thing, White Silkie.

Thank you very much for your reply, I'm glad we got such a good group of chicks. The little white one is super adorable, her feathers are so soft and silky to the touch.

Left to right, top to bottom: Silver Sebright, Silver Sebright, Silver Sebright, Red Pyle Old English Game bantam, unknown variety of Old English Game Bantam, some variety of Cochin or Brahma, same thing, White Silkie.

Back
Top Bottom