Breed guesses on mystery hen (6 mo old)

juniperz

Songster
6 Years
Aug 10, 2017
Bought her as a chick at a store that is usually good about keeping their breeds properly segregated. The bin was labeled as “assorted Wyandottes,” which is clearly incorrect. She is now 6 months old and looks identical to an “olive egger” that I got from the same store 2 weeks later. I don’t know what color eggs she lays though since I have 12 hens with various egg colors. Any other ideas on breed?

40E26C6B-07DB-45B1-840C-1E0829220A62.jpeg
9216DDCE-AE95-4C13-9518-DEDF4BA5FEC5.jpeg
970A0063-A679-4F60-87FE-86107A07B0D1.jpeg

Bought her as a chick at a store that is usually good about keeping their breeds properly segregated. The bin was labeled as “assorted Wyandottes,” which is clearly incorrect.

It's not always the store's fault.

While admiring chicks at one of my local feeds stores I watched one flutter up to the side of the bin and drop down into the next bin -- mixing itself without aid of careless store employees. :D

Thanks everyone! Olive egger it is - that would fit with the proportion of eggs colors I’ve been getting. 🙂

It's not always the store's fault.

While admiring chicks at one of my local feeds stores I watched one flutter up to the side of the bin and drop down into the next bin -- mixing itself without aid of careless store employees. :D
That is too funny!!

Back
Top Bottom